In Pristava, you will find traditional local dishes, prepared the same way as in our grandparents’ time. Visitors are welcomed all year round at the Pri Okornovih Farm (also known by the family name, Pr’ Jerkot), and during weekends, the lady of the house prepares a delicious traditional homemade lunch, complete with one of the typical desserts of the Dolenjska region: apple strudel or tarragon potica.
Also on the menu are:
- homemade fried chickens with traditional pan-fried potatoes,
- Mama Ivanka’s rolled cottage cheese dumplings,
- buckwheat žganjci with mushroom sauce,
- homemade oven-baked bread with cold cuts,
and in the winter, also
- traditional blood or white sausages with sauerkraut, buckwheat žganjci, or fermented turnip.
- fresh seasonal vegetables,
- homemade cookies to dunk in a coffee,
- Easter/tarragon/rich potica,
- apple strudel,
- dried meat products,
- traditional blood sausage and white sausages during the winter time.
If you order your ingredients in advance, you can enjoy your homemade meals at the picturesque resting areas in the Viridia, Kragulj, and Jež clearings. The resting areas were carefully selected and designed for carefree lunches in the midst of nature.